Thursday, March 26, 2009

Why Wont Some Realtors in NE Ohio Invest in a Supra Active Key??

I've been a part of a few discussions on our electronic locbox system recently. Recently some Listing Realtors were discussing that they were receiving a lot of showing requests from Buyer Agents on listings that they had I-Boxes (electronic lockboxes ) on. When the Buyer Agent was informed that the listing had an I-Box on it, the Realtor huffily explained that they didn't support the electronic lockbox system in their area and expected any listing Realtor with an I-Box on it to meet them at the property and let them into it.

Really? As a Realtor who has invested in the technology to provide my Seller clients with secure showing access, I too have recently been hit with several rude replies when I have suggested that a Buyer's agent pick up a key at my office to gain access. Several have complained that its out of their way when my office is less than 1 mile from the listing they want to show.

While I wholeheartedly support cooperating fully with Buyer's agents to facilitate showings on my listings and I understand the economic situations that a lot of Realtors now find themselves in, I have to wonder about the level of professionalism of a Realtor who cannot spend $112.00 a year for an Active Key that would give them access to I-Boxes throughout 15 counties in Northeast Ohio. $112.00 - that's less than $1 a day and less than the cost of their coffee habit, evidenced by the cup of Starbucks that I've seen some of these Realtors drinking as they pull in to the driveway of the home that I'm meeting them at to let them into!!!

My advice to these "non system supporting" Realtors, spend the $112 and invest in your professionalism!

No comments: